Becoming an NCP
Are you ready to become an NCP? Learn more about exam registration and WesPay's recommended study path.
Register for the Exam
The first step is to register with ECCHO and pay associated fees. Registration opens in January for that year's exam. There are important key dates to be aware of for registration end dates, late registration, deferrals, substitutions and cancellations.
The annual test window for the AAP exam is during second quarter. Separate registration and fees are necessary for any preparation classes or programs.
To Prepare for the Exam, WesPay Recommends...
WesPay recommends a two-fold process to prepare for the NCP Exam. Completing both in the same year has consistently resulted in exemplary first-time pass rates for WesPay members.
Check Network Certificate
A series of webinars, review and exam covering important aspects surrounding the Check Network. The curriculum covers:
- Check Fundamentals
- Regulation CC
- Image Returns
- How to Combat Check Fraud
- ECCHO Rules
- Understanding eCheck Conversion in ACH
- Check 21 Solutions
- Check Adjustments, Parts 1 & 2
- Remote Deposit Capture
- Certificate Final Review
- Certificate Exam
NCP Exam Preparation Program
This program is offered two ways - as webinars and workshops. Choose the format that suits your learning style.
Webinars: NCP Exam Preparation Program
A series of webinars and review session.
Workshop: Check Officer Candidate School
A three-day, intensive workshop in select locations
Topics covered include:
- Check Fundamentals and Processing
- Regulations - Uniform Commercial Code
- Regulations - Regulation CC
- Standards and Formats
- Image Exchange: ECCHO Rules
- Image Exchange: Fed OC3
- Image Exchange: Processes
- Exceptions, Returns & Adjustments
- Check Products
- Fraud, Risk and Risk Mitigation
- Fraud, Risk and Risk Mitigation - FFIEC Guidance